Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Surprise!

When my husband I were dating...my favorite thing in THE world was when he would say..."I've got a surprise planned!"!!! I instantly turned into a kid before Christmas and would constantly bug him with... "what is it?"

Even if it was as simple as a drive out into the country to show me a cool place he had found...or as elaborate as a marriage proposal...just to know he had actually planned something to do just for us...ahh just made me feel all happy and excited!!!

Thankfully! Even after marriage, work, and a baby...my husband still has the surprises in him!

He had been hinting that he had a special place he wanted to take me and Clay for a few weeks and last weekend we got to go!

I knew we were going swimming and he wanted to pack a picnic...but that was all! So we got everything ready jumped in the car and went...and went...!

About 45 minutes later we ended up at Blue Licks State Park in Robertson Co. It was a charming little park...with some history behind it. We drove past some camp sites with tents popped and family enjoying some time together...making memories I'm sure! Up next was a picnic area where under one of the shelters there was a birthday party or family reunion going on! We picked out table and much to my disbelief even though I had to give up some of my control to make the situation perfect...it was perfect. Clay sat at the picnic table without throwing a fit, falling off, or climbing on the table and ate his cheese sandwich and apple sauce. The shade and breeze was just right and what do you know...we are having our first family picnic!!!

It was lovely...we were making memories!

Next followed a swim at the pool, where my husband revisited the diving board for the first time in several years! He was very excited to say the least when he saw that springing board!!!

After wearing down in the pool we dried off then took a little drive through the park to see the beautiful scenery and you could almost feel the peacefulness in the air. My phone was tucked away and on silent...no internet...just us.

I like "just us" time...

LOVE
Desiree

momtini@wkyt.com
www.momtiniky.com

No comments:

Post a Comment